All leader meetings this year to be held the first Tuesday of the month at the Plymouth Church.
Next meeting = Dec 1
Agenda: Cookie University. Each troop planning to sell cookies should send their Cookie Parent or another parent volunteer. New volunteers should plan to stay for the meeting starting at 7 pm, experienced volunteers may choose to stay and listen or just pick up their supplies between 7-8 pm
November Service Unit Meeting Attendance: 16
*Fall Registration: is now closed. If you troop still plans to register or you have additional girls joining your Troop please contact Deb at 508-405-1211 or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraminghamGirlScoutLeaders/post?postID=WT0-mhxLq-WKWSa1w126zBwRpkLbUb3kk_yoD99-R83Sh0bRE_YkcCPIlMDYAqXaOa8sbmUgU8PQqQq2WcIm
Reminder: Your Troop may not sell cookies if it is not registered by Dec 1st.
* Service Unit Open Positions: We are still in search of a Town Coordinator and Registrar. Any one interested in either of these positions is encouraged to contact Nancy for the Coordinator position at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraminghamGirlScoutLeaders/post?postID=Zk4tUmgYbrxjWaQU-5k7y3czP-42W2tCxgUbQ8N5pYsKQ3H8_4zE1nhshHQCPsbae59aFp8rO32Stck and Deb for the Registrar position at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraminghamGirlScoutLeaders/post?postID=6i-N7_bXV8sGrIAZLWu8Zznlf6gQ78cNt9G0U-OycTApVDMSGPFusU64Fd5iYnYkM7n0S6UhmdpHOExjS7tsbag so they can help describe the time commitment involved. It is very important that both these positions get filled as soon as possible to keep the town programs running smoothly.
* Cookies: It is important that Helena hear from your troop if you wish to sell cookies this year at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraminghamGirlScoutLeaders/post?postID=dsdMRdZuDQzzda3sfSmP5jRuhoPUCETtduKHu0gyOcRVtFl5bDu5_Gz7pf2S9Hwkq5PgJEo4BcbtrQ Cookie University will be held at the Plymouth Church on Tuesday, Dec 1st, but Helena must have the following information ASAP to prepare your Troop materials: Troop #; Cookie parent name, phone number, and e-mail; # of girls in the Troop and level of Troop.
* Leader List: A list of current leaders in town was given out at the meeting and a copy placed in each Troop box for those who could not attend. Please check your Troop folder at the church
* Library Display: Once again a great job on the display window this past October. Watch for another display next March
* Service Unit Treasurer: We have a new treasurer for the town! Thank you Mary Ayotte! She lives at 56 Jean St and can be reached at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FraminghamGirlScoutLeaders/post?postID=Mt-v2VIRuNtAE9n5D0VFxjfPMBRLley50pafZtHLTmJ8Eqdo46YCr8Jp3MJgHM9Nto6R5rm1KLdQ8w3dRiRo or 508-877-9202
* Bank Accounts: Instructions on opening troop bank accounts will be forwarded soon, watch the yahoo e-mails.
* CORI: We are working on getting a town SU member authorized to witness the CORI's watch for further information
*Review of required forms: Please feel free to contact any SU members with any questions about which forms should be kept and when they are due, new leaders are encouraged to attend training sessions with the council. A new training is in the process of being scheduled. Watch the yahoo e-mail for date and time.
* Council offices will be closed: Nov 26-27 and Dec 25 to Jan 3
* Troop Terrific Patch: Troops which demonstrate well rounded experiences for their girls. For complete details, visit www.girlscoutseasternmass.org/forms/Troop-Terrific-Patch.pdf
* Bronze/Silver/Gold Awards: Check the Council Web site for new ideas from the Leadership Experience.
* Upcoming Volunteer dates to watch:
* Jan. 8 = nominations for Volunteer Recognitions due to Council
* March 11 = Volunteer Recognition Dinner
* April 10 = Thank you day for volunteers --- lunch in Quincy
* May 5 = Outdoor skills day in Norton
* June 25 = Gold Award Ceremony
Town wide Events update:
* Oct 25: Math and Computer Workshop at St Bridget School Hall. Approximately 70 girls attended from 9 troops
* Nov 1: Roller skating party. A great time just over 100 girls attended; look for pictures on the Web site
* Dec 1: Cookie University. Please pre-register with Helena at helenasic@...
* Tree Lighting --TBA: We need to hear from the town regarding the completion of construction at town hall
* January Service Unit Meeting: Leader swap night: Bring in your old badge, handbooks, unused patches or badges to swap or give away
* Girl Scout Sunday: St Bridget Church will host a Mass on Sun, March 7 at 9 a.m. Watch for flyer
* Girl Scout Bowling: Tentatively scheduled for Sat, March 6 late morning/early afternoon.